Canadian Gluten-Free Recipes with a German Flair
Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, and alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Feelings of spring are stirring in the air! I'm starting to get the first ripples of garden fever and am dreaming of warmer days to come. Check out some delicious fare for spring revelry!
See more Canning and Preserving Recipes ➡️
Check out the newest posts and hottest bits from the blog!
- Gluten-Free Stuffing
- Cooking with Kids: Peek-a-Boo Muffins
- Campfire Cooking: Spicy Ribs for Grilling or Oven Roasting, Canadian-Style
- Secret Burger Sauce
- Candied Jalapenos (Sweet Pickled Jalapeño Peppers)
- Jammy Berry Bars
- Garlic Herb Butter and a Campfire Cooking Venison Dinner
- Easy Haskap Jam (Honeyberry Jam), No Pectin
German Food 🇩🇪
It’s not only about sauerkraut and sausages. From savoury stews to fantastic traditional baking, you’ll find dishes with a lot of ‘Wunderbar’!
See more German recipes ➡️
BBQ and Grilling Recipes 🥩
From venison to burgers to campfire salads. We grill it all here at Kitchen Frau.
See more bbq and grilling recipes ➡️
Cooking with Kids 👶
Join us in our ‘Kitchen Kids’ culinary adventures as we cook delicious foods that are fun and easy to prepare (grown-up ‘kids’ love them, too!)
See more cooking with kids recipes ➡️
Come check out some of my travel adventures in Canada and around the world. People, towns, countryside, and of course – always the food!
See more from around the world ➡️
What readers are loving lately! 👩🍳
- Coronation Chicken Salad Sandwiches and a Perfect Afternoon Tea Picnic
- Panforte (Italian Christmas Cake)
- Medjool Date Caramel Apple Pie
- Bermuda Fish Chowder
- 'Burnt' Basque Cheesecake
- Moroccan Carrot Salad with Oranges: A Taste of Morocco
- Sweet Dill Pickled Vegetables and the Fall Garden
- Zucchini Soup - Simple and Delicious
- Cooking with Kids: Cloud Dough, a Simple and Fun Playdough Recipe
- Souvlaki Marinade
- Welsh Cakes (Skillet Currant Cookies): A Taste of Wales
- Plum Dumplings (Zwetschgenknödel)
We are always busy updating our recipes to be the best they can be! 😋