Canadian Gluten-Free Recipes with a German Flair
Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, and alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Feelings of spring are stirring in the air! I'm starting to get the first ripples of garden fever and am dreaming of warmer days to come. Check out some delicious fare for spring revelry!
See more Salad recipes ➡️
Check out the newest posts and hottest bits from the blog!
- Easy Hollandaise Sauce with White Asparagus (Spargel mit Hollandaise)
- Eierlikörtorte (German Egg Liqueur Torte)
- Tuna Patties & Quick Tartar Sauce: Cooking with Kids
- Moroccan Salad (& Photos of our Morocco Trip, Part 1)
- Bûche De Noël (Yule Log) German Style, with Lebkuchen and Marzipan
- Panforte (Italian Christmas Cake)
- Jam Cookies: Cooking with Kids
- Medjool Date Caramel Apple Pie
How About Something Sweet 🧁
Every day can be a little bit brighter with a touch of something sweet! (Gluten free versions are always included.)
German Food 🇩🇪
It’s not only about sauerkraut and sausages. From savoury stews to fantastic traditional baking, you’ll find dishes with a lot of ‘Wunderbar’!
See more German recipes ➡️
BBQ and Grilling Recipes 🥩
From venison to burgers to campfire salads. We grill it all here at Kitchen Frau.
See more bbq and grilling recipes ➡️
Cooking with Kids 👶
Join us in our ‘Kitchen Kids’ culinary adventures as we cook delicious foods that are fun and easy to prepare (grown-up ‘kids’ love them, too!)
See more cooking with kids recipes ➡️
Come check out some of my travel adventures in Canada and around the world. People, towns, countryside, and of course – always the food!
See more from around the world ➡️
What readers are loving lately! 👩🍳
- Bermuda Fish Chowder
- 'Burnt' Basque Cheesecake
- Moroccan Carrot Salad with Oranges: A Taste of Morocco
- Sweet Dill Pickled Vegetables and the Fall Garden
- Zucchini Soup - Simple and Delicious
- Plum Dumplings (Zwetschgenknödel)
- Hot Pepper Jelly - Sweet 'n' Spicy
- Chilled Saskatoon Soup
- Campfire Cooking: A Mexican Fiesta with Carnitas Caseras Tacos
- Gooseberry Pie
- Baked Rice (Ross il-Forn): A Taste of Malta
- Apricot Cake
We are always busy updating our recipes to be the best they can be! 😋