Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Tag Archives: vegetarian
This has been a glorious week of Olympic watching and Olympic pride. It is heartwarming to think that in living rooms around the world, fans are unified in the same activity. Whether the ski jumping or biathlon or hockey are … Continue reading
When I left the house yesterday morning the mercury was plummeting, snow was swirling thickly, and the roads were threatening to get icy. Our little ‘Spring Interlude’ had headed south. Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted. Sigh . … Continue reading
The glorious days of summer have been all too short. Those leaves are tinging to yellow, and although we still have wonderful hot days, twilight is coming earlier, and the nights are getting chilly. The garden and fruit trees … Continue reading
The Canadian Food Experience Project (August) The Canadian Food Experience Project began June 7, 2013. As we, the participants, share our collective stories across the vastness of our Canadian landscape through our regional food experiences, we hope to bring global clarity to … Continue reading