Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Tag Archives: snacks
What four letter food word makes people either wrinkle their noses in disgust or lick their lips and say ‘I can’t get enough of it’ ? That would be kale. It’s kind of a love-it or hate-it food. In the past, … Continue reading
Yup, winter’s still here. We’re all getting mighty sick of it. Our yard still has two feet of snow in most places, but at least the sun is shining and the thermometer is bravely trying to hover up to 0°C. … Continue reading
These croutons add a bright pop of texture and flavor to any soup or salad or are just as tasty as a nibble to serve with drinks before dinner. I can’t keep them around whenever I make them, as … Continue reading
Nothing is more quintessentially North American to me than a plate of Rice Krispie squares and a glass of milk – a simple and beloved treat that, in my childhood, appeared at every potluck, or birthday party or gathering … Continue reading