Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
- Cooking with Kids: 3 Ingredient, No Bake Cereal Bars for Peanut Butter and Honey Lovers
- Maple Crème Brûlée and a Trip to Québec City
- Real Canadian Poutine and a Trip to Ottawa and Montreal
- Apple Pumpkin Butter and a Cinderella Story
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: preserving
Preserve up the bounty of sweet summer saskatoon berries in jars of glistening saskatoon jelly. A special ingredient helps enhance the berries’ natural flavour. (Skip to recipe) I’m heading off to my parents’ cabin, and before I go I want … Continue reading
With this simple method for canning dill pickles, anybody can do it – even if you’ve never canned before. No canner needed; you just pop ’em in the oven to seal the jars. Easy step-by-step instructions below. (Skip to recipe) … Continue reading
The Canadian Food Experience Project (October) The Canadian Food Experience Project began June 7, 2013. As we, the participants, share our collective stories across the vastness of our Canadian landscape through our regional food experiences, we hope to bring global clarity to … Continue reading
This method for canning tomatoes is super easy – no messy peeling required. Just whiz the tomatoes in a food processor, boil down as much or as little as you like, and process. You’ll have recipe-ready tomatoes to enjoy all … Continue reading