Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: pickles
This isn’t any ordinary chow chow – it’s Veggie Chow! A tangy mix of crunchy, pickled fresh veggies that you can spoon into salads to add colour and zing, or pile onto a burger, or stir into eggs. Add it … Continue reading
With this simple method for canning dill pickles, anybody can do it – even if you’ve never canned before. No canner needed; you just pop ’em in the oven to seal the jars. Easy step-by-step instructions below. (Skip to recipe) … Continue reading
Rouladen are a traditional German dish, savoury meat rolls with mustard, bacon, pickles, and onions, browned and braised to tenderness in a flavourful gravy. (skip to recipe) What special food do you eat on Christmas Eve? Is it maybe a … Continue reading