Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: pears
Are you looking for a luxurious, decadent dessert for your next dinner party or lazy Sunday brunch? Look no further. It’s hard to believe lentils can be the base for a dessert so sinfully smooth and chocolatey, and toothsome and … Continue reading
I can’t believe how easy it is to make your very own, fresh, homemade mozarella cheese! All you need is milk, a touch of something acidic, and rennet – plus some gentle stirring time, a bit of swishing with your … Continue reading
The easiest little bacon appetizers around – tangy fruit wrapped in salty bacon and roasted till chewy and crispy. You’ll go crazy for these! Don’t you just love when you find out about a new dish that’s mouthwateringly, deliciously addictive, … Continue reading
Soft juicy pear slices with a hint of ginger and almond turn this Ginger Pear Tart into a luscious treat. Easy recipe for regular or gluten free pie crust included. Sometimes you just need pie. Growing up, we never had … Continue reading
Wow, it’s the beginning of December already! I’m not sure how that happened, but everywhere I look, red and green are the colours of the season. Christmas trees are stacked in the tree lots, red bows trim lamp posts, and … Continue reading