Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: lemon
Elegant in white, these fluffy Lemon Coconut Pavlovas make a delectable statement – a fitting finale for fun or fancy dinners. We attended Dîner en Blanc again last week. A magical and fun evening. The secret location this year was … Continue reading
Don’t you just love it when the underdog gets his moment of glory and steals the show? . . . when David beats Goliath, when Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree becomes the stunning centerpiece, . . . when the usually relegated-to-the-side-dish, … Continue reading
Last fall I was asked to make a wedding cake. The groom was Danish and the bride was Canadian (and had multiple food allergies). The beautiful, traditional kransekage immediately sprung to my mind. It’s a stunning tower of rings. Dense, … Continue reading
A cup of soothing Honey Lemon Ginger Tea will help you fight that nasty cold or flu with natural healing ingredients, so you can get back on your feet quickly. Christmas is coming, a few gifts are hidden and waiting … Continue reading
A light and lovely shrimp salad with a fresh dill and lemon dressing is the perfect meal for your summer outdoor activities. Pack it along as part of a picnic lunch or serve it as a quick and easy meal … Continue reading