Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: dressings
What is Nüsslisalat, you ask? It’s a tender green, usually grown in the fall in Switzerland and Germany, a type of corn salad. But don’t worry – you can substitute romaine lettuce and spinach and get to enjoy this simple … Continue reading
A light and tangy orange vinaigrette sweetened with honey and a touch of ginger. Whip it up quickly, and keep it in your fridge for whenever the salad mood hits. Anyone else out there have a box of shriveled, hardening, mandarin … Continue reading
Drizzle this zesty herb vinaigrette over summer salads, plop onto steamed or baked potatoes, or dress up some grilled salmon, chicken breasts, or steak. Serve it with spiralized zucchini salad and you’ll have a feast for your eyes and your … Continue reading