Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
- Cooking with Kids: 3 Ingredient, No Bake Cereal Bars for Peanut Butter and Honey Lovers
- Maple Crème Brûlée and a Trip to Québec City
- Real Canadian Poutine and a Trip to Ottawa and Montreal
- Apple Pumpkin Butter and a Cinderella Story
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: dairy free
This light and lovely green pea soup is wonderful hot or cold – a perfect summer meal. All you need is a bag of frozen peas and a bit of dill. So creamy, but not a drop of cream in … Continue reading
If you’re lucky enough to be within arm’s reach of a saskatoon berry bush or two (or you’ve got a stash in the freezer), you can celebrate their short but sweet season with some fantastic baked goods – like these … Continue reading
This truly is a life changing loaf of bread – absolutely delicious, nutty, and satisfying. It’s so easy to make. No kneading, no rising, no punching down, no fiddling – just stir together a few healthy ingredients, wait, and bake. … Continue reading
Whip up a pumpkin slab pie in minutes. Just press the nutty pastry dough into the pan, fill with creamy pumpkin filling and bake. No messy rolling of dough, but all the delicious spicy flavour of traditional pie. You don’t … Continue reading
Beat the lunch-making-blahs with an easy, colourful mason jar salad. Kids will love helping prepare it as much as eating it. And it makes fantastic adult lunches, too! Cooking with Meredith Make up a mason jar salad. It’s: Crunchy. Sweet. … Continue reading