Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: carrots
Elevate your carrots into this luscious plate of sweet, cider-glazed jewels – a stunning side dish. Bugs Bunny would approve. Carrots are a humble vegetable – the unnoticed wallflowers of the veggie world. Every garden grows them. Every market carries … Continue reading
It seems I have a habit of making an end-of-winter-soup every spring. We’re already eating fresh asparagus and rhubarb. The fruit trees are blooming and the sun is shining (we won’t mention the mosquitoes that are plaguing us fiercely this year!) … Continue reading
Finally, finally, finally. . . the first few signs of real Spring up here in the North. I have been so impatiently waiting. From everyone who lives south of us, I have been hearing about daffodils blooming, fruit trees pink … Continue reading
Our world is white. Winter white. Clean and fresh and cold. Christmas songs are ringing in my head and my internal seasonal excitement monitor has kicked up a notch. Oh – it’s coming. Fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la. On Saturday morning we woke up … Continue reading
Creamy carrot puree flavoured with curry and coconut milk, then topped with a crunchy jumble of savoury seeds can go from casual comfort food to elegant side dish. Try saying that one fast, three times in a row: coconut and … Continue reading