Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hearty Sausage, Kale, and Bean Soup – Quick to Make and Packed with Flavour
- Super Green Juice Recipe – and You Don’t Need a Juicer to Make it!
- Japanese Style Wasabi Tuna Boats – a Light, Fresh Appetizer for a Fresh New Year
- Lemon Cardamom Kransekake Cookies
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Tag Archives: bannock
This simple skillet bannock is made for the lazy man (or woman). Stir it up like a pancake batter and in no time you can have a slab of warm, tender bannock to slather with butter. Summer has been busy. … Continue reading
The glorious days of summer have been all too short. Those leaves are tinging to yellow, and although we still have wonderful hot days, twilight is coming earlier, and the nights are getting chilly. The garden and fruit trees … Continue reading
What gifts nature has to offer, if we only stop to look – or listen – or thread a hook. I’ve just come back from a week at my parents’ cabin in northern British Columbia, on the shores of the … Continue reading