Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Tag Archives: appetizers
Don’t you just love when you find out about a new dish that’s mouthwateringly, deliciously addictive, easy to make and is comprised of only 2 ingredients? Last weekend we attended a party thrown by Swiss friends and were treated to … Continue reading
These croutons add a bright pop of texture and flavor to any soup or salad or are just as tasty as a nibble to serve with drinks before dinner. I can’t keep them around whenever I make them, as … Continue reading
Warm sun. Palm trees swaying in tropical breezes. Turquoise waves rolling up on caramel-coloured sand. That’s what I left. Biting chill in the air. Leafless brown trees braving strong winds. Solidly frozen Jack-o-lanterns leering at me from the front steps. … Continue reading