Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Category Archives: Potatoes
Are you responsible for feeding a horde of hungry ghouls, princesses and pirates before they go out raiding, er . . . trick-or-treating this week? Are you working all day and wondering how to get a meal into their bellies … Continue reading
Wow. That is all I can say. Chimichurri sauce – where have you been all my life?!!! The bold, zesty flavours of this sauce make my tongue want to leap out of my mouth and do a kicky Latin salsa … Continue reading
I’m back from our trip to Germany and Eastern Europe and have a recipe for German Potato Salad to share with you. But first a recap. (Sorry this post is so looooooooong. I wanted to make it brief but I just … Continue reading
When the days are hot, I crave cold food. Salads, ice-creams, and fruits. We are in the full swing of glorious summer here in northern Alberta. My garden is growing like crazy (as are all the weeds). We have been … Continue reading