Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- Cooking With Kids: Jellied Easter Surprise Eggs
- Apricot Orange Energy Balls (also known as Little Dinosaur Eggs)
- Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread and a Visit to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day
- Cooking with Kids: Fish ‘n Chip Sticks with Easy Tartar Sauce
- Sweet ‘n Spicy Moose Wings – Because Why Should Buffalo get all the Glory?
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Author Archives: Margaret
Kids love peeling these eggs to find the colourful jellied insides – a surprise for Easter! Cooking with Meredith What fun to crack an egg and peel away the shell to reveal a glistening treasure of wobbly jellied stripes in … Continue reading
A gluten free version of traditional Irish Soda Bread to help celebrate the luck o’ the Irish on St. Paddy’s Day (or any other day).When it comes to that cheerful and and somewhat magical celebration on March 17th, I think … Continue reading
Crispy potato-chip-coated fish sticks are easy for kids to make, especially good with a simple, 4-ingredient tartar sauce for dipping. Most kids love fish sticks – or if they don’t love them, will at least tolerate them. Mild white fish … Continue reading
Spicy chicken wings in a bold Sriracha sauce with sweet apricot jam and zippy mustard. We’ve had a curious, marauding moose visit our yard several times this winter. He likes to wander around and nibble on whatever tender branch tips … Continue reading