Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: March 2013
I was a chicken. There, I’ve said it. I’m coming clean. Thousands and thousands of hours spent in kitchens, and I’ve always been afraid to cut up a whole raw chicken. It’s not that my mother didn’t teach me. And … Continue reading
I thought spring had sprung, but it’s howling and snowing outside again, so I’m thinking of warmer climes. Something nice and spicy and sunny. Mexico comes to mind. And since I can’t get there right now, I did the next … Continue reading
My husband says our chickens are prima donnas – because they only lay eggs when they want to. I think they are just exercising their prerogative as females and occasionally taking a break from all that productivity. After all, a girl’s gotta … Continue reading
Everybody needs a knock-em-dead store-cupboard dessert to wow guests. The kind you quickly throw together when you hear the dog bark and see unannounced guests pull into the driveway. Or the kind you whip up in two minutes when you … Continue reading