Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Life’s like that. Just when you are least expecting it – a curveball. Or a snap, crackle and pop – which is what happened to my knee this week. We were on our annual ski trip to beautiful Sun Peaks, … Continue reading
These croutons add a bright pop of texture and flavor to any soup or salad or are just as tasty as a nibble to serve with drinks before dinner. I can’t keep them around whenever I make them, as … Continue reading
Every day should be Valentine’s Day. But since it’s not – every day can be a day to show those you love a little extra sweetness. That’s what these muffins are: a little bit of everyday and a little bit … Continue reading