Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I was wondering what all the hype was about. Every time I clicked, I came across another blog that raved about the wonders of this seemingly simple tomato sauce. Like Molly’s and Julie’s and Food 52‘s. All sources point to … Continue reading
It’s January and I’m craving salads – big green leafy salads and hearty crunchy grainy salads. The thermometer goes up and down, driving us crazy. One day it’s dripping off the eaves, and we can go out with our coat … Continue reading
Quinoa is a new-old superfood. New – because it’s only become known in North America in the last few decades, and old – because it’s been grown and used in South America for thousands of years. It is the food … Continue reading
When the icy winds of winter blow – as they are right now here in Alberta – you need a breakfast that sticks to your ribs . . . oatmeal. Hearty, filling and tasty. (Not to mention full … Continue reading