Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- Cooking With Kids: Jellied Easter Surprise Eggs
- Apricot Orange Energy Balls (also known as Little Dinosaur Eggs)
- Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread and a Visit to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day
- Cooking with Kids: Fish ‘n Chip Sticks with Easy Tartar Sauce
- Sweet ‘n Spicy Moose Wings – Because Why Should Buffalo get all the Glory?
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I was wondering what all the hype was about. Every time I clicked, I came across another blog that raved about the wonders of this seemingly simple tomato sauce. Like Molly’s and Julie’s and Food 52‘s. All sources point to … Continue reading
It’s January and I’m craving salads – big green leafy salads and hearty crunchy grainy salads. The thermometer goes up and down, driving us crazy. One day it’s dripping off the eaves, and we can go out with our coat … Continue reading
Quinoa is a new-old superfood. New – because it’s only become known in North America in the last few decades, and old – because it’s been grown and used in South America for thousands of years. It is the food … Continue reading
When the icy winds of winter blow – as they are right now here in Alberta – you need a breakfast that sticks to your ribs . . . oatmeal. Hearty, filling and tasty. (Not to mention full … Continue reading