Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Only three more sleeps . . . until Christmas Eve, that is. The big day for us. Being German, we celebrate that evening. A very special time. When we were children, the tree would just have gone up Christmas … Continue reading
Yes, the holiday fever has hit, and sometimes I feel in panic mode when I think of all the things to do before Christmas. I so love this time of year and all the wonderful holiday warmth and traditions. And … Continue reading
Wow, it’s the beginning of December already! I’m not sure how that happened, but everywhere I look, red and green are the colours of the season. Christmas trees are stacked in the tree lots, red bows trim lamp posts, and … Continue reading