Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
- Cooking with Kids: 3 Ingredient, No Bake Cereal Bars for Peanut Butter and Honey Lovers
- Maple Crème Brûlée and a Trip to Québec City
- Real Canadian Poutine and a Trip to Ottawa and Montreal
- Apple Pumpkin Butter and a Cinderella Story
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Only three more sleeps . . . until Christmas Eve, that is. The big day for us. Being German, we celebrate that evening. A very special time. When we were children, the tree would just have gone up Christmas … Continue reading
Make up a batch or two of rich and spicy chai tea syrup – one for you and one to give away as holiday or hostess gifts. Take a sip and feel the cares slip away. Yes, the holiday fever has … Continue reading
Wow, it’s the beginning of December already! I’m not sure how that happened, but everywhere I look, red and green are the colours of the season. Christmas trees are stacked in the tree lots, red bows trim lamp posts, and … Continue reading