Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious’.
Don’t miss a thing on Kitchen Frau!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pavlova Cake and It’s Been Five Years (Five Years!)
- Hummingbird Muffins (and I’m not as Old as I Look)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad and Northern Gardening in the Spring
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – Crispy yet Chewy – a Yummy Classic
- Gluten Free Sausage Rolls with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I love things made in individual little pots and dishes. Maybe it’s in response to growing up in a large farm family, where food was always presented in massive pots or serving dishes for help-yourself service at the table. … Continue reading
Looking for an elegant side dish for entertaining? This one is a hit. Light, sophisticated . . . the perfect partner to chicken, fish, or any main dish, really. Its subtle but surprising flavour comes from the vanilla, which melds … Continue reading
Every now and then I buy a bottle of commercial salad dressing, thinking how quick and handy it will be, and it invariably gets old and rancid in the back of the refrigerator. It’s usually too sweet – we … Continue reading
We are ‘hunkered down’ here in northern Alberta. Winds are howling, snow is blowing, roads are treacherous and school buses were cancelled yesterday. The white stuff is piling high. I’m thinking longingly back to last year when we hardly had … Continue reading