Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Birthdays. Anniversaries. Graduations. New babies. Promotions. Engagements. Picnics. Barbecues. New boat. New car. New dog. New haircut. Friends over to visit. Fridays . . . Any reason to celebrate. All reasons to have ice-cream cake, your own home-made ice cream … Continue reading
When the days are hot, I crave cold food. Salads, ice-creams, and fruits. We are in the full swing of glorious summer here in northern Alberta. My garden is growing like crazy (as are all the weeds). We have been … Continue reading
There’s no traditional crust to fiddle with: no pre-chilling of ingredients, no cutting-in of butter, no watch-out-not-to-overmix handling of the dough, or careful lifting of the ornery rolled-out sheet as it falls to pieces just before hitting the pan. No. … Continue reading
Here is the recipe I’ve been working on: rhubarb and spruce tips, a glug of white wine, sugar, and a knob of butter – all baked into a meltingly soft, eye-poppingly tangy, incredibly easy dessert (or breakfast, bedtime snack or … Continue reading