Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Every now and then I remember to be thankful for the beauty of the country I live in. I go about my life for weeks and months at a time without ever thinking about it, taking it all for granted. … Continue reading
Well my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Everywhere I turn lately, I see something about preserved lemons. They look so intriguing, salty and sour. My mouth puckers thinking about them (I do love salt and vinegar chips – … Continue reading
I love the wonderful selection of citrus fruits in the grocery stores right now. ‘Tis the season, even way up here. The blood oranges are out, and the lovely organic grapefruits, and juicy clementines and Valencias, and oh, … Continue reading
Last night’s dinner was exactly what I was thinking about all day long. You know – one of those days when all you can think about is the next meal? Maybe you don’t have them, but I am afflicted with … Continue reading