Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Beyond gluten-free.
No matter how you have to cook – food can always be ‘plain delicious!’
Don’t Miss A Thing!
- Hot Curried Peaches – a Festive, Fruity Sauce for Ham, Pork, Turkey or Chicken (and a Recipe for Spiced Peach Rooibos Tea)
- Cooking with Kids: 3 Ingredient, No Bake Cereal Bars for Peanut Butter and Honey Lovers
- Maple Crème Brûlée and a Trip to Québec City
- Real Canadian Poutine and a Trip to Ottawa and Montreal
- Apple Pumpkin Butter and a Cinderella Story
Kitchen Frau is a 2017 Finalist!
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Every now and then I remember to be thankful for the beauty of the country I live in. I go about my life for weeks and months at a time without ever thinking about it, taking it all for granted. … Continue reading
Well my curiosity has gotten the better of me. Everywhere I turn lately, I see something about preserved lemons. They look so intriguing, salty and sour. My mouth puckers thinking about them (I do love salt and vinegar chips – … Continue reading
I love the wonderful selection of citrus fruits in the grocery stores right now. ‘Tis the season, even way up here. The blood oranges are out, and the lovely organic grapefruits, and juicy clementines and Valencias, and oh, … Continue reading
Seed crusted pork tenderloin slathered in honey mustard and roasted to juicy perfection, served with parsnip mashed potatoes makes an easy, elegant meal. Last night’s dinner was exactly what I was thinking about all day long. You know – one … Continue reading