Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Jellied fruit salad is one of those nostalgic foods of my childhood, not necessarily for any gourmet qualities it possessed, but for the association with fond memories. It’s one of the first dishes my sisters and I were able to make ‘all … Continue reading
Brrr….. As the weather dips down to -33°C, I have to finally admit that winter has truly hit, here in Northern Alberta. When we were enjoying the balmy Christmas temperatures around 0°C, we could kind of pretend we lived in … Continue reading