Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- Cooking With Kids: Jellied Easter Surprise Eggs
- Apricot Orange Energy Balls (also known as Little Dinosaur Eggs)
- Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread and a Visit to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day
- Cooking with Kids: Fish ‘n Chip Sticks with Easy Tartar Sauce
- Sweet ‘n Spicy Moose Wings – Because Why Should Buffalo get all the Glory?
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: November 2011
As temperatures plummet, I crave comfort foods – stews, soups and puddings. Interesting, how comfort food seldom seems to be crunchy or sharp or intense. It’s more often soft and warm and . . . well . . . comforting. … Continue reading
Our world is white. Winter white. Clean and fresh and cold. Christmas songs are ringing in my head and my internal seasonal excitement monitor has kicked up a notch. Oh – it’s coming. Fa-la-la-la-la la-la-la-la. On Saturday morning we woke up … Continue reading
Warm sun. Palm trees swaying in tropical breezes. Turquoise waves rolling up on caramel-coloured sand. That’s what I left. Biting chill in the air. Leafless brown trees braving strong winds. Solidly frozen Jack-o-lanterns leering at me from the front steps. … Continue reading