Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Try saying that one fast, ten times in a row. Maybe later. To me there’s something elegant about purees. They seem to go with posh meals in fancy restaurants. . . elevating common vegetables to the status of gourmet foods. Or … Continue reading
Who doesn’t like pancakes? Let me rephrase that. Show me a kid (and that includes kids-at-heart) who doesn’t like pancakes and I’ll eat my…my…I’ll eat my…frying pan. But I’ll need some maple syrup on that, please. When my kids were … Continue reading