Healthy cooking using fresh garden ingredients, whole foods, alternative grains. Plain delicious.
- What Else is a Canadian Food? Pancakes – the Thick, Fluffy Kind
- Salsa Mexicana (Pico de Gallo Salsa) Three Ways
- Butter Fish – Why Not? (It’s just Butter Chicken. . . of the Sea) and Turmeric-Scented Rice and Peas
- Artichoke, Pear and Pine Nut Pizza with – Wowee – Homemade Mozarella!
- Russian Borscht, a Salute to Sochi
Search for topics or posts on Kitchen Frau
Monthly Archives: August 2011
This simple recipe was born one day when I had these lean thick-cut pork loin chops waiting to go on the barbeque and I wanted to keep the centers from drying out. Hmmm….look in the fridge, look in the garden … Continue reading
I have been living, breathing, eating saskatoons every which way since I’ve come back. I think it has been another form of therapy. Picking, cleaning and preserving 133 jars of those unique Northern berries kept my mind and hands so … Continue reading
What gifts nature has to offer, if we only stop to look – or listen – or thread a hook. I’ve just come back from a week at my parents’ cabin in northern British Columbia, on the shores of the … Continue reading